Monday 25 June 2012

Terrain!


After sleeping outside with the wardog after my fight with Alexia, I got to thinking about my terrain and how I hadn't posted it yet.
Overall I love making terrain, I'm still a beginner at the moment and learning, but I like it alot, more than probably anything to do with wargaming.

I started making terrain because of this post in the PP forums.
Terrain making had been in my estimation a kinda expensive thing to do ( I have no idea why), however messers Pinkypie and Veebs and the others cured me of this. Some baking, a trip to the craft store, the hardware store and I was ready to go.

First off I built a rock formation, unfortunately the baked goods went soggy as I didn't seal it (it was a very wet week here that week), so crushed by the financial burden of that loss, I went back to the kitchen and baked some more and came up with this:

The rocks are made of baked home made play dough, the basing is a dodgy CD and some gravel for a total cost of about .12 cents. It is now painted and varnished and hopefully i should get some piccies up of it sometime soonish :).

Flushed with my success, I then proceded to make a fort out of baked good bricks that came up like
this
Chuffed by the skill of modelling displayed, i made some gates and walls out of matchsticks from the craft store (love you spotlight)
After filling some holes in the walls with an expensive mortar of wood glue and gravel it looked pretty cool in my opinion, but I'll leave that for you to judge.
That raps it up for my first terrain post, cyas next time. oh and for the artist:

I love this guys art(the guy who drew the wardog) some of it can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment